People are much concerned about their look. They want to look good at their workplace, in events, like everywhere. They take much care of their clothes and want to dress up perfect. For this purpose, they try to wear neat, clean, high quality and trendy clothes according to their taste. A single wrinkle can ruin the look of your dress and hence your mood also. Everyone prefers wrinkle-free clothes. Here comes the point of how someone can have wrinkle-free garments. Answer to this question is simple, as it can be done using garment steamers.
What Is A Garment Steamer?
A garment steamer is also known as cloth streamer. It is a machine that can be used for removing wrinkle from your clothes in no time by using high-pressure steam. This machine makes your clothes and fabric look perfect for any event.
Salient Features Of Garment Steamers
Garment steamers based on how they are made, how they work, and what are their price have different features. Some of its features are as follows:
● All garment steamers have a dial for adjusting temperatures for different fabrics.
● There is a steam nozzle for the ejection of steam at high pressure.
● It has caster wheels and crease clip.
● All garments steamers come with water tank.
● Costly garment steamers also come with clothes hangers and pegs.
● For removing lint some steamers also feature fabric brush.
Things To Consider Before Buying Garment Steamers
The market for garment steamers is very large. And most of the people do not have enough information about them. Here are some things you need to consider wherever you go for buying a garment steamer:
● Before buying have a complete research on the model you are going to buy on the internet and read the reviews left by other users, then decide whether it is suitable for your needs or not.
● If the wattage o the steamer is high it will heat the water quickly and steam output is improved. So you can steam press almost every kind of fabric. While low wattage device cannot remove wrinkles easily. So prefer those which have high wattage.
● Several garments you can steam at a time depending upon the size of the reservoir and its capacity to store water. If the size of the reservoir is large, it will store more water and steam will be produced for a longer time. So it is suggested to prefer garment steamers having a larger reservoir.
● Everyone wants to do things faster, so if a steamer starts to produce steam slowly then it is not for you. So always prefer those steamers that have short published heat up time. Modern garment steamers available in the market have this ability.
● Garment steamers that are heavy in size are difficult to carry. So always prefer those that are easily portable so that you can carry them easily for the storage place to where you want to operate it. A portable garment steamer is highly recommended if you are a travel person.
● Always prefer those steamers that are easy to store. Those come with hangers for clothes hanging are relatively tall. So think of the area where you want to store garment steamer and then buy accordingly.
● Most of the garment steamers available in the garment are portable. How close you need outlet depends upon the length of the cord. If you have limited outlets in your house always prefer those garment steamers that feature long cord.
● Always prefer those garment steamers that come with longer warranty time. Range of warranty time for garment steamers is mostly for 90 days to 5 years. Prefer those giving you at least warranty for a year.
How To Use A Garment Steamer?
Using a best garment steamer is not difficult; it is an easy task to do. You just need to follow these simple instructions and you can do your work in no time.
● On the steamer and allow it to heat up completely.
● Before using on cloth test it on a waste cloth or towel to make sure that it has a full head of steam. Best way to steam a fabric is in a vertical position.
● So hang the garment on a hanger in a vertical position. And then touch the surface of the garment this can remove wrinkles from the cloth easily.
Precautions While Using Garment Steamers
Every time you use the electronic device you need to be much careful so that you may not prove dangerous for you. Same as you need to follow some precautions while using garment steamers. These are as follows:
● Do not directly touch the surface of velvet with the steamer as it can damage the cloth.
● Clothes like silk are needed to be steamed from the inside to prevent them from watermarks and streaking.
● Do not hold your hand in-stream directly, it can burn your hand.
● Keep them away from children.
● Do not overfill the garment steamer, or use it to completely dry it can cause damage to the heating element.
● To prevent spills keep the water tank upright.
● After using the steamer unplug and remove excess water from the tank before storing.
● Always use distilled water to prevent building up minerals in jets, steam outlets or water tank.
How To Clean The Garment Steamer?
Cleaning the garment steamer is essential to keep it in good working condition. It can prevent your steamer from sputtering. The best thing you can use for cleaning it is white distilled vinegar. You can clean it in the following way:
● Fill the water tank with vinegar mentioned above, and heat it completely.
● Now shoot this hot vinegar, until it is fully removed from the tank. This will clean up all the minerals present.
● After the vinegar is completely removed, now fill the tank with distilled water.
● Heat this water and then shoot out into sink after it is completely heated.
● Now the steamer is cleaned completely, fill it with fresh distilled water and use it.
Best Garment Steamers
Having all the exciting features some of the best garment steamers are mentioned here, you can choose any of them according to your needs.
Roweta IS6300 Master Valet
It is a full size clothe steamer of power 1550 watts. It features hanger for hanging clothes so you may not feel any trouble during the process. You can operate on and off button with your foot. It has flexible fabric hose, handle, steam bonnet, fabric brush, and lint pad.
● It is portable
● You can use it for all types of garments
● It is affordable
● It has a short pole extension
Conair Travel Smart Garment Streamer
Having a heat time of 30 minutes is the best product from the Conair brand. It comes with a handy storage pouch for ensuring safety. It is the best steamer you can have if you are a travel person. It also has dual voltage capability.
● It is inexpensive
● It is small in size and does not take much space
● It heats up fast
PurSteam PS-910 Fabric Steamer
It perfectly removes all the wrinkles from the fabric. It has an adjustable hanger. You can use all types of fabrics from delicate to heavy for steaming. As the temperature is kept as high as 248ºC so it can kill 99.9% germs.
● If produces steam for 60 minutes
● It comes with convenient accessories
● It has sanitizing features
● It does not produce consistent steam flow
URPOWER Garment Steamer
It gets heat up in a very short period of two minutes and can provide steam for seven to ten minutes continuously. It comes up with a new nozzle design for efficient and powerful distribution of steam. You can also use this to remove wrinkles from bed sheets and cushions.
● It is portable
● Cost is reasonable
● It is convenient to use
● It has upgraded design
● It may occasionally have water spitting issues
OXA Portable Travel Steamer
The weight of this best travel steamer is just 850 grams. It is not only for travelers but everyone can use this amazing product. It brings two fabric brushes. The nozzle is designed in such a way that it does not spit water. It has the power of 1000 watts and can produce steam continuously for seven minutes.
● It has sanitizing features
● It can work on a variety of fabrics
● It is light in weight and has short heat uptime
● It is travel-friendly
● It may not be able to remove tough wrinkles
Your clothes have a strong impact on your personality. Wrinkles on clothes can ruin your personality. So garment steamers are helpful in this case, as they can remove all stubborn wrinkles by using steam. The market is full of a variety of garment steamers. You can choose the best one for you according to your needs. You can also choose any of the above-mentioned garment steamers. But be careful while buying and do not waste extra money. After buying the best garment steamer you can have your dress wrinkles free in no time. #Men'sFashion #Lifestyle #MoneySavingTips #FrugalFashion #Fashion