Garlic Herb Shrimp is made with garlic, onion and fresh herbs and is quickly cooked on the grill. A deliciously easy main course.
This garlic herb shrimp recipe is a delicious way to prepare shrimp and a great way to use some of those fresh herbs you may have growing in your garden. After marinating for an hour it cooks in a few minutes on the grill.
How to Buy Shrimp
If you haven’t ever bought shrimp before it comes in different sizes. The number tells you how many shrimp there are in a pound. The higher the number, the smaller the shrimp. The smaller the number, the larger the shrimp. For this recipe I used large shrimp which means there are 31-35 per pound. You can use fresh or frozen, either will work. I used frozen shrimp I bought at Costco.
I used precooked shelled, shrimp with the tail on but you can also use raw shrimp.
Tips for Cooking Herb Shrimp
- Shrimp likes to be cooked fast and over high heat.
- Defrost shrimp by letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight or several hours.
- I grilled the shrimp but you could also cook it in a pan on the stove top or in the oven. If cooking on the stove top, do not put the shrimp on skewers. Cook at 450 degree F for 5-7 minute in the oven, turning once.
- Fresh herbs work better for this recipe than dried.
How to Make Garlic Herb Shrimp
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in shrimp and gently toss to coat
- Marinate shrimp for 1 hour at room temperature or can be refrigerated over.
- Skewer shrimp using bamboo or metal skewers. If using bamboo soak them in water for prior to using to prevent them from burning.
- Heat grill and brush the grill with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking
- Shrimp cooks quickly, only a couple of minutes on each side. Precooked shrimp just needs to be heated through. if using raw shrimp, it may take a minute longer and is fully cooked when it turns pink.
What to Serve with Shrimp
- Roasted Asparagus
- Fast Fire Flank Steak
- Panzanella Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Broccoli
- Smashed Potatoes
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Garlic Herb Shrimp Recipe
Garlic Herb Shrimp
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced small
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp
- Pour over shrimp and marinate 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare grill and brush the grilling rack with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking
- Skewer shrimp and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side
Originally posted July 7 2008
Continue reading Garlic Herb Shrimp. This post is from Your Homebased Mom. If you are not reading it from our feed, it has been STOLEN. Please contact Leigh Anne Wilkes to let us know. Enjoy the posts.